Kenio Carvalho 19 September 2014 17:29:34
In some cases, after an Apple device is upgraded to iOS 8, some or all of the Calendar entries in the Notes Traveler account no longer appear on the device. It is important to note that although the Calendar entries do not appear on the device, the entries are NOT permanently lost
. The missing entries, in fact, still exist in the user's Domino mail file, and they can be resynced to the device via this workaround
Kenio Carvalho 18 September 2014 15:35:03
A few months ago I heard that it was possible to download files from Passport advantage using wget on a linux terminal.
Never needed to test this until yesterday when I needed to upload 3 GB of files to a server (home office to datacenter) that had no possibility of using a browser to download from Passport Advantage.
What I did was the following:
1 - Log on passport advantage (using my laptop) and looked for the desired software
2 - I changed the download option for https
3 - When I started downloading the file I copied the URL
4 - The URL is complex like this one: (i changed some characteres)
I type wget on linux terminal and pasted the url
The download was done smoothly.
Kenio Carvalho 15 September 2014 20:37:47 This guide
begins with defining the social portal and its capabilities, the architecture, the integration patterns between WebSphere Portal and IBM Connections and social analytics. It then looks at a number of products and how their capabilities can help you create the social digital experience.
Kenio Carvalho 10 September 2014 15:44:07
contains important IBM Notes Traveler support information for Apple iOS 8.x device users Q1. Is support for Apple iOS 8.x devices planned for day one for Notes Traveler?
Yes. Notes Traveler 8.5.3 Upgrade Pack 2 and later versions will support iOS 8.x devices as soon as
they become available. Q2. Is support for iOS 8.x devices planned on day one for SmartCloud Notes Traveler?
Yes. The SmartCloud Notes Traveler environment will also support iOS 8.x devices as soon as
they become available. Q3. Will Notes Traveler Companion & To Do applications support iOS 8.x?
Yes, we are expecting to very soon push to iTunes new versions of Notes Traveler Companion and To Do applications that will support iOS 8.x devices. This technote will be updated with specific version information once the new versions are posted. Q4. What Notes Traveler functionality will be supported on devices running iOS 8.x?
Functionality and features comparable with those in previously supported releases. New features added in iOS 8.x will not immediately be supported with Notes Traveler; however, support for new features may be introduced over time. This technote will be updated to reflect any new feature limitations or statements of support. Q5. Should I upgrade my Notes Traveler server now in preparation for iOS 8.x devices?
Notes Traveler server versions 9.0.1 Interim Fix 5
and 184.108.40.206 Interim Fix 6
include an update to correctly recognize and handle iOS 8.x devices (per APAR LO81825). Prior to this update, iOS 8.x devices may not have been able to connect to the Notes Traveler server if security settings prohibit unsecured devices or if restricting access by device type or user agent. For additional information on these releases, see the Index of Recommended Maintenance
. Q6. Will there be any Notes Traveler server updates for iOS 8x?
Yes, most likely. We are currently testing Notes Traveler with iOS 8 devices. And although most functions should work without issue from day one, closely after the release of iOS 8 it is very likely that we will release a Notes Traveler Interim Fix to address any issues that we find during testing. This technote will updated to indicate any recommended Interim Fixes should and when they become available. Q7. Is the beta version of iOS 8.x supported with Notes Traveler or SmartCloud Notes Traveler?
No, iOS beta versions are not supported with Notes Traveler or SmartCloud Notes Traveler. Should you report a problem with Notes Traveler on a beta iOS release, you will be asked to upgrade to the official release when it becomes available to verify whether the problem exists in the supported version.
Kenio Carvalho 10 September 2014 15:35:02
The new userland interface in RHEL7, Firewalld, when enabled, will block network communication of Notes and Domino.
The TN 1683423 show how to enable communications using firewall or disabling the firewall.
Disable the firewall with the command: "systemctl stop firewalld" and "systemctl disable firewalld".
To query the firewall status, issue the command: "systemctl status firewalld"
Kenio Carvalho 3 September 2014 14:00:30
Below are some basic points that one should remember as best practices to manage and maintain DAOS feature in IBM Notes Domino environment.
- Domino server must be 8.5.x and onwards. All database ODS must be 48 and onwards.
- Transaction Logging must be enabled on server and it is recommended to keep transaction log directory outside of domino/data folder, in a separate drive.
- DAOS Directory path should be kept out of Domino/Data directory, in a separate drive.
- Make sure DAOS Catalog Status always remain in SYNCHRONIZED status. You can monitor DAOS Catalog status using command 'Tell DAOSmgr Status'. As far as DAOS Catalog remains in SYNCHRONIZED status, DAOS functionality will work fine.
- If DAOS Catalog status shows 'NEEDS RESYNC' then you should get DAOS Catalog in SYNCHRONIZED status using command 'Tell DAOSmgr Resync'. You can also using 'force' switch with this command to synchronize DAOS Catalog forcefully. The command would be 'Tell DAOSmgr Resync force'
- You can create a scheduled program document to run ‘tell daosmgr resync’ command periodically if you DAOS Catalog frequently goes in ‘NEEDS RESYNC’ status.
- Regularly check disk space in Transaction log as well as DAOS drives and make sure there's enough disk space available on server.
- Make sure there's a proper backup mechanism implemented to backup DAOS and Transaction log directories.
- Exclude DAOS and Transaction log directories from OS Anti Virus Scanning.
- Disable Transaction logging on System Databases like log.nsf, busytime.nsf, clubusy.nsf.
- Never delete daoscat.nsf and daos.cfg file in order to resolve catalog resync problems. Deleting these files will reset DAOS calculations and deletion of NLO files may take longer time causing disk space issues on server.
- Review your company’s regular attachment sending policy via mails and set DAOS attachment size accordingly to take optimum benefit of DAOS feature storing attachments.
- Review your backup schedule and accordingly set DAOS deferred deletion interval which will delete NLO files with 0 references.
- Enable DAOS on mail.boxes. Enabling transaction logging and DAOS on mail.box will enable the Router to optimize the delivery of DAOS based attachments. This can result in significant I/O savings for the case where the same attachment is sent to multiple recipients on the same Domino server.
- On an AIX/Linux platform, never create DAOS Directory at root level. Always create DAOS directory as a sub directory of any other directory at root level. Please check below examples
DAOS base path: /daos/xxxxx => Not Recommended
DAOS base path: //daos/xxxxx => Recommended
The information above is from TN 1683254
Kenio Carvalho 27 August 2014 08:24:48
When people leaves the company i always put the user on a deny access group, remove the account and delete the mail database.
But if you do not delete the account...
Once the user added in Deny access group to Deny Traveler access you need to enable "Enforce server access setting" to Yes
in the server document under Ports -> Internet Ports -> Web tab.
Follow the below steps to enable the 'Enforce server access setting' to Yes in Server document:
1) Open the Domino Administrator client.
2) Chose the Traveler Server document .
3) Go to Ports -> Internet Ports -> Web tab and set the value for the below field to "YES".
Enforce server access setting
4) Restart the HTTP task to take affect the changes
Found the information above on the TN 1634205
Kenio Carvalho 26 August 2014 09:50:09
Yesterday a portal cluster stops to respond requests after 4 months of work without a restart.
I found a lot of messages on systemout.log
8/25/14 10:13:21:418 BRT] 00000171 exception E com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.ldap.LdapConnection DirContext reCreateDirContext(String errorMessage)
com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.WIMSystemException: CWWIM4520E 'javax.naming.CommunicationException: [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): connect]' This Microsoft TechNote
explain the problem with Windows 2008 R2